2013 has been miraculously amazing. I remembered I wasn't expecting anything on 2012. That year God spoke in my heart that I should give that entire year to Him. It was an act of faith, because 2012 personally for me hasn't been so good. So that's what I did, giving Him the entire year with hands on my eyes. And let me tell ya, what He has done to that year was so unexpected! If I could give a theme to that year, it will be "The Firsts". I experienced all my first on that year.
First time on a new level with God
First time understanding what 'friends' really meant
First time experiencing the ups and downs of Community
First time experiencing University
First time preaching at a big event
First time singing with my sister at a big, big church
First time "EmmandChis" goes public
First time having ministry at a foreign country.
And on the last 2 weeks of 2013 God appointed my family to lead several people to go to the Promised Land (which is my first time too!). God thought me soooo many things there, so many that I didn't know where to start. But one of the things He told me was that to enter the new year, He wants us to experience that First Love again. It's funny because 2013 is the year of my firsts, and the theme of my Youth's Christmas service was about going back to that first love. It's like the year was neatly organized and was planned. I learned that it is so important for us to give all that we have to Him. Because He has payed our debts and saved us from eternal death and gives us an eternal life. Jesus has bought our life, it is our part to give it all to Him.
While I was in Israel, I saw how the people really live out the laws of God. The laws in the Bible which we read as a goodnight tale, it becomes the foundation of their lives. They literally live according to what the Law said. To do this and that, to not eat this and that. They live it without complaining, or grumbling, they did it as if it was a force of nature. The things that could not be separated from life itself.
In 2014, let us live this life according to His laws. Because He has made the Bible as a manual book for us as a guideline for our actions. 2013 has been a very, very special year. And 2014 will be even more amazing. Happy new year! Live it to the fullest. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment