Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back to Life, again.

As for this post, I want to tell a personal testimony that I haven't tell anyone before. Hope you're blessed by it :)

2014 has been a huge start for me, and the first 2 weeks has been the most challenging and moment paling menentukan dalam sejarah kehidupan saya. Not all Christian life go smooth and clean, even the most "holy" people at church could fall. The last semester of 2013 are unexpectedly the biggest fall-out season for me. Ever since I entered college life, pretty much most of my life changed. The amount of people I see, the amount of time that I spent with them, and the decrease of my alone time with God. Like most people, even though I'm a lifetime church-kind-of-girl, I tend to be easily influenced by others. Since August until October, I totally changed. Little by little I started to slow my pace in the run. I met the wrong people, the wrong guy, the wrong mind-set, and the wrong response. Hubungan sama Tuhan pun jadi stuck, because I no longer run fast or maybe even worst, I didn't run at all. Hal paling menyeramkan dari semua ini adalah I didn't realize that I was slowing down. I got into a wrong relationship with guys (yes guys in plural term) which makes me forget about my covenant with God. It all happened so fast! The relationship with Him that was once blooming so bright, suddenly withers. It all affects my grade, my performance at school, even my ministry. It's the biggest fall I've ever been to. Even I changed personally. The sacred-kind-of-girl is now the-on-going bad girl who flirts with different guys in the same time. It's awful, it's hideous, it's not worth the preach. I became just like David who are so intimate with God, but because of one flirt with Bathsheba, he changed from a Francis Chan to a complete Jersey Shore. Aku buka celah, I opened the windows of my heart for Satan to take a peak inside and finally entered in. I wasn't aware of this change until my sister came up to me and talk about it. She sees my changes and know that it isn't holy, so she tells me about it. She even dreamed that I can't do my ministries ever again. Plus seeing how bad my grades are, I repent....but not fully. I realize that my college life had been a huge mistake. My friends and the guy(s) has made a bad influence in my life. So I started to slowly jaga jarak sama mereka, I started to build again the broken temple in my heart and pieces by pieces, I start to be inline with Him again. 

I finally ngalamin apa yang di Firman Tuhan dibilang, Tuhan akan mengembalikan apa yang dicuri Iblis selama ini. And yes it happens! My grades are also unexpectedly make some changes. I got good grades, even beyond what I hope it to be. My relationship with God has been so amazingly different. It's like a fulfillment of the missing semester with Him, restored in 2 week period. Even though the struggles are hard, but God has really guided me the so I could catch up the race that I once was left behind. The path to that fulfillment isn't easy. There are some things that I have to sacrifice in order to gain Him back. I sacrificed the things that I thought worth-cherished, and replace it with the unchangeable..Jesus. It is when we shoo Satan and all his lies and invite Jesus again in our hearts, we are complete. Nothing holding us back and nothing more that we hold on to except Him. Change, Commit, and Complete. First we need to change out mindset, our bad life, we have to let it all go. And then we commit to Him, commit to stay in the relationship with Him in all situations, at all times. And finally, my friends, we are complete. 

After the restoring of my relationship with God, I became stronger than ever. Maybe di lain kesempatan I will share the first EPIC 2 weeks of 2014. But what I'm trying to say is, Jesus is enough. Never change, never sacrifice Him for an earthly desires. And even if you have fallen, remember that He's always there to pick you up, if you let Him took you away from the pit. You gotta get out of that pit! No pain, no gain. You won't gain anything if you don't feel the pain (sacrificing your earthly desires, which actually will only hurt the flesh). I finally am back to life, again. And it's true what the song down below said, He is enough.

Keep on running, never take it slow. Fighting! :)

1 comment:

  1. bukan hanya nilai2 rohani... tapi juga nilai2 kehidupan yg hrs dikembangkan... seimbangkan aja nilai rohani n kehidupanmu biar lebih kuat menghadapi segala macam keadaan... krn kita msh ad di bumi , jd kita jg bth nilai kehidupan... keep strong in GOD :)

    ReplyDelete

© EMMA MONTEZ
Maira Gall