Thursday, February 9, 2012

Old School Kind of Post

These past few days I've been emotionally-attach with the number 1950. Since little I've always been known as the old school girl. At first it was because my mom bought me some old fashioned shoes and clothes with a reason, I quoted,  "it's fabulous". But we all know the real reason is because it'll last long so they won't have to buy us new ones every  4 months. When I was about 12 (I think), I started to like old school stuffs. Including the shoes my mom bought me. I used to think that the all-pink and all-bedazzled stuffs are off the roof. But-of course-it's definitely sooo nooott me. I really can't imagine myself dressing in pink dress, pink lips, pink pumps, pink earings, and bedazzled bag. Ugh. No.

I started to like wearing long skirts, or mini skirt with stockings. Plain and classy flat shoes. Red hats. Something like this


I like girls wearing red lips. It really shows that they are daring, yet sweet. Fearless, and irresistible. I started to like styling my hair without hair straightener. The frizzy wuzzy curly messy hair that makes me feel like tall broccoli. A purple broccoli to be exact. 

For me there is nothing lame about old-school. It's so comfortable for me to express myself with those fashions. People have different styles to define themselves. But for me, being mysterious, caring, funny with an educated mind is beautiful.

For me fashion is not just showing your personal taste or anything like that. But fashion is something that you wear that can bless others and make you, and other people happy.

Everyone should have that signature style that no man can copy. Everyone should be classy, yet edgy. Looking sassy without having to act trashy.

I'm off to 1950. Who's with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment

© EMMA MONTEZ
Maira Gall